RE: GNOME registry

At 08:13 AM 12/31/98 -0800, you wrote:
>I have played with Linuxconf. It uses add in modules for each program you
>want to configure.
>I think it should be the other way around. The program, through the use of a
>library or somthing, should save its config info in what ever fassion the
>sysadmin wants to.

This is where corba would be usefull. A general interface for configuration
information could store config information in text (ala rc.d) for techie users
or a db for non-techie users. The program should never have to worry about
it.

But on the other hand, it should also provide a way for a configuration manager
to "bit-twidle" with configurations that it stores in unique ways (sendmail
rules,
for example). This could also be done thruy corba.