RE: GNOME registry

At 08:08 AM 12/31/98 -0800, you wrote:
>All I am saying, is if we want to implament something like the registry, it
>would be "a good thing" to be able to configure sendmail, ftp, apache, and
>other non gnome programs the same way. A standard "everything" config
>library would work well for this.

How about we not worry about how the information is stored (all though provide
a generic method or two), and instead work on a CORBA interface that all
applications give some unified way to switch settings.

The reason for that is two fold:

-) Sendmail has vastly different configuration information (and needs) then
say .xmodmap or gmc.

-) The power users will get ticked off if we remove text interfaces ;-)