Re: GNOME registry

George wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 30, 1998 at 05:51:34PM -0500, Jeff Garzik wrote:
> > > You could implement it in a few minutes - just pick some file
> > > (~/.gnome/gnome-registry or something), then #define the prefix for
> > > that file in libgnome, and maybe #define some keys you want all apps to
> > > use, like email, etc.
> >
> > Does gnome_config_* do file locking?
>
> no ... but IT NEEDS TO!

It doesn't look to difficult to add.  It also uses getc() to read the
entire file a character at a time.  Even with stdio buffering the call
overhead on that is awful.

What is the Unix-preferred method of file sharing?  I don't have my APUE
handy.:)  And is it universal enough to not need a configure-time
check?

	Jeff