Debian needs CVS automake/autoconf [WAS: cannot compile gtk+]

> > jc> Do you use Debian?
> >
> > yes, i use the latest frozen debian (slink).
> >
> >                                                 hal
>
> I have talked to two others using Debian and having the same problem.
> One of them is going to see if recompiling automake from source helps --
> you might want to try that.

I run Debian, and I can compile everything just fine -- provided I also
compile my own version of the latest and greatest automake and autoconf
from CVS...  Once you get and install these everything should work just
fine (except for documentation which requires db2html which is not included
with the Debian docbook stuff -- but compilation continues without the docs
and the author posted db2html (it is just a script) to the list today.
Good luck!

export CVSROOT=":pserver:anoncvs@sourceware.cygnus.com:/cvs/autoconf"

echo ------- LOGGING INTO autoconf CVS ------
echo note - password is anoncvs