Re: bugs in gmc, utilities, games in 0.90 tarball version

On Sun, Dec 27, 1998 at 10:34:30PM -0600, Miguel de Icaza wrote:

> > I've recompiled icewm, with gnome options, and gmc, with gnome options
> > and included slang, and gmc doesn't recognize icewm as a
> > gnome-compliant window manager.
> >
> > There are other problems, like seg faults when I try using the menu.
>
> Which menu are you trying to use?  The file manager one, or the icewm
> one?

The file manager one.  I'm at work now, but should be home about 1 a.m.
EST and can run it from an xterm and see if that gives any clues.

I perhaps should try wiping everything out in the /usr/local
directories, but have spent a lot of time with this as it is.  The
tarballs are in a tarball of my /home/rebecca/ directory on a zip disk.

I don't have a list of what I upgraded accessible from here, but I did
make notes of what I changed.  Some things seem quite stable (love
gnorpm), others are very touchy (modem lights, mini-commander, disk
mount), while others are totally problematic like aisleriot.

I do have the stable gtk for the stable version of gnome, but I removed
the developement packages for both and for imlib (that, I'm pretty sure,
was removed completely as the only thing dependent on it was Eterm,
which I compiled from soure after working on Gnome.

--
Rebecca Ore
SF writing and NOC work