WITH_SYMBOL_UNDERSCORE Problems

In this morning's version of the Gnome CVS tree, the build of several
packages (ORBit and libgtop, at least) fails with an error related to
the WITH_SYMBOL_UNDERSCORE symbol.

/usr/bin/autoheader: Symbol `WITH_SYMBOL_UNDERSCORE' is not covered by
/usr/lib/autoconf/acconfig.h ./acconfig.h

I thought that I had all of my development tools up to current
revision levels, but there seems to bo something that I've missed.

Does anyone know what this failure indicates, which development
package needs to be updated, and where I can get the current revision?
TIA.

-- John Kodis.