Re: BUG: Gnomine

On Thu, 24 Dec 1998, Kevin Atkinson wrote:

> How about an option to have the game click on a random square and if it
> was a mine reset the board and try again.

Well, that just sounds like a cheap hack for what I was asking for. =)
I'm not proposing a change in the game at all. I just think the game
should begin -after- the first mouse click.

> Also it would be nice to have a mode of play where you won't instantly
> lose if you click on a mine.  Instead that square gets marked as a mine
> and you lose a life.  Perhaps an icon of an exploded mine would do as
> the marker.  There would then be an option for the number of lives you
> want which have an option of infinity for those really lousy players...
> However each lost life will be subtracted off the final score.

This is starting to sound like an entirely different game. =)  I'd just
love to see the 'Sudden death' bug (I still call it that! =) and possibly
a cool explosion .wav when you die. =)

Merry Christmas,
    Cody