RE: Gnome/Linux Application Installer

Could there be a dialog program written that detects wether your in X or not
and then displays options? That would be nice. It could be added into the
RPM or have it installed on the box already...

I do kinda see the point redhat has with not wanting to show dialogs. This
allows for automatic updates and other things. Hmm...