Re: mini-commander loses focus after pager (panel?)

jirka@5z.com (George) writes:

> then I think the problem must be E ... it's probably not giving the panel
> keyboard focus under the assumption that the panel doesn't need it ...
> definately there are instances where it doesn't but there needs to be
> a solution ... under WM you only get a focus once and then you can never
> get it again

This seems to be right for people who can't type something into
mini-commander at all.  BTW, also someone who is using icewm reported
this problem.

But what's about the "two mini-commanders problem"? Try this:

1. start two mini-commanders on one panel

2. give one of them the focus (if you can...) and type some chars

3. switch to the other one and press some keys, too

4. switch back to the first and try to enter some more chars;

Step 4 does not work on my system (currently I'm using icewm).  I
can't witch the keyboard focus any more.

Since I can give mini-commander the keyboard focus two time but not
for a third time, I wonder if this could also be a problem with the
panel?

It looks like here are some different problems coming together.  Or
is this all caused by mini-commander?

Cheers,

Oliver

--