Re: CVS doesn't like its own checkouts???

| Two weeks ago "update -dP" was deprecated as doing the wrong thing with
| submodules.  Have the rules changed again, and if so why wasn't there an
+--->8

Let me correct this:  "update -dP" doesn't catch new submodules or remove
old ones.  But now we're told that "get" doesn't update submodules with
sticky tags properly.

I'm beginning to think that submodules are a CVS feature(?) that needs a lot
of work before being ready for prime time....

--
brandon s. allbery	[os/2][linux][solaris][japh]	 allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator	     [WAY too many hats]	   allbery@ece.cmu.edu