Re: CVS doesn't like its own checkouts???

+----- From: Mauro Condarelli <mcondarelli@soft-in.com>
| > Let me correct this:  "update -dP" doesn't catch new submodules or remove
| > old ones.  But now we're told that "get" doesn't update submodules with
| > sticky tags properly.
| >
| > I'm beginning to think that submodules are a CVS feature(?) that needs a lot
| > of work before being ready for prime time....
| Can I humbly suggest to get rid of the submodules if at all possible?
| They seem to be causing all too much pain for their worth.
+--->8

Unfortunately, they can be removed only at the expense of a *lot* of
duplicated files which would have to be updated in step --- and if they
get out of step, even worse pain will follow.  It'd be better if submodules
were a little more intelligent than simply being macros in modules,v.

| While i'm at it:
| 1) checking out gnome-core with -r GNOME_stable result in an empty
+--->8

Try -rGNOME_STABLE.  CVS (actually RCS) is case-sensitive.

--
brandon s. allbery	[os/2][linux][solaris][japh]	 allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator	     [WAY too many hats]	   allbery@ece.cmu.edu