Re: enlightenment sound daemon

+----- From: Havoc Pennington <rhpennin@midway.uchicago.edu>
| On Sun, 20 Dec 1998, Matt wrote:
| > some guys i have been chatting to on LinuxNet have been complaining
| > that they need esd to run things like ee. their major bitch seems to
|
| These people are just clueless and don't know WTF they are talking about.
| Gnome does not require esd, and AFAIK esd does not require Enlightenment.
+--->8

Reports here indicate that the recent 0.99 snapshots were built with esd,
so anyone not wanting esd will have to use --force to install the RPMs.
(Of course, they'll work without esd once installed.)

I chalk this one up to "living on the bleeding edge".

--
brandon s. allbery	[os/2][linux][solaris][japh]	 allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator	     [WAY too many hats]	   allbery@ece.cmu.edu