Re: panel applet switched movement?

On Fri, Dec 18, 1998 at 01:34:04AM +0100, Dirk Luetjens wrote:
> there are a few oddities in the movement of applets in switched mode.
>
> 1.) take a mini-commander and move the netscape icon to the
> mini-commander: the switch takes place when 2/3 of the mini-commander is
> crossed
> 2.) take wanda and move the netscape icon over wanda: switch takes place
> at 1/3 of wanda's area
> 3.) take the control-center icon or any other square applet and move the
> netscape icon over it: switch takes place immedeatly.
>
> I would prefer it if switches takes place always after some threshold,
> e.g. 1/3 or 1/2 of the applets area. I looked into the code, but didn't
> found a reason for the described behavoir. I would say, that this is
> caused due to the applets cell variable, which isn't initialized in the
> same way for all applets.

I can't remember how I coded this exactly but I think it went like this

the switch is made when the pointer is at a location so that it would be
over the applet's area after the switch would be made ... which eliminates
a flickering state .... this a state where the applet just jumps back
and forth (which happens when you do it with a 1/2 or 1/3 threshold ...)

George

George Lebl <jirka@5z.com> http://www.5z.com/jirka/
  The following implements RSA in perl and is illegal to export from the US: