Re: GNOME needs VA's help?

[big snip]

> I disagree.
>
> Compilation problems _usually_ result from incorrect versions of
> prerequisites, or other environmental conditions, NOT from the tree itself
> being broken.

A fully updated  redhat system should be able to compile gnome just
fine.
I woudn't think they'd put togther some half assed system and say "deal
with it".

> GNOME will be stable when it runs stably, not when it compiles stably. We
> need people to do testing, create test procedures, and write test programs
>:) Anyone have suggestions?

You didn't see my previous post about he upcoming Alpha cluster that'll
be open to the public? Build it on Alpha and you'll find even more bugs
that wouldn't be so obvious on intel. If it doesn't build on Alpha then
it probably won''t build on any of the more exotic systems ether.
Remember you have to build to be able to debug it :)

Alpha Powered,
Peter Petrakis
--
STCC DEC Alpha Resource Page