Not Invented Here! [was Re: What time does the freeze begin?]

I like this feature too.  With MS spending billions of dollars on their
10-year old Usability Labs you would think that they would get a FEW
things right...and indeed they have.  So let's not be afraid to "cherry
pick" those things that are good about the Win32 UI and incorporate
them into Gnome.  They did the same thing to Mac in Win 95 and the courts
let them get away Scott free -- so we should have no trouble doing the
same.

happy coding,

shane

"The Linux community is very willing to copy features from other OS's if
it will serve their needs. Consequently, there is the very real long
term threat that as MS expends the development dollars to create a bevy of new features
in NT, Linux will simply cherry pick the best features an incorporate them into
their codebase."

	-- Vinod Valloppillil (http://www.vinod.com), Sr. Microsoft
Engineer, "Halloween II" (http://www.opensource.org/halloween2.html)