Re: Balsa .... kinda .

In message <19981216205106.A6666@dok.org>, Jason Tackaberry writes:
+-----
| libmutt, but it prevents me from using balsa.  My Mailbox and all my folders
| are located on an NFS mount.  libmutt doesn't seem to like this one bit, and
| balsa dies with the error "fcntl: No locks available" or some such message.
+--->8

pine probably uses dot-locking.  mutt/libmutt uses real locking, and you
aren't running rpc.lockd on the NFS server so NFS file locking fails.

This is, however, complicated by the fact that unless you run recent patched
knfsd, Linux NFS servers don't *have* NFS file locking.

--
brandon s. allbery	[os/2][linux][solaris][japh]	 allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator	     [WAY too many hats]	   allbery@ece.cmu.edu