Re: Help Compiling gnome-libs

In message <00f601be2963$17b21340$0a01a8c0@jessesig>, "Jesse D. Sightler" write
s:
+-----
| >I get the following error message when trying to compile gnome-libs from
| >CVS on redhat 5.2
| >../gtk-xmhtml/.libs/libgtkxmhtml.so: undefined reference to `uncompress'
| >../gtk-xmhtml/.libs/libgtkxmhtml.so: undefined reference to `compress'
| >make[1]: *** [htmltest] Error 1
| >make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/gnomecvs/gnome-libs/gtk-xmhtml'
| >make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
|
| I have had the same problem with any program that attempts to link with
| gtk-xmhtml (which includes the htmltest that you mention).  I still don't
| have a clue what the cause might be, though.
+--->8

Remove /usr/X11R6/lib/libz.a, and install a newer zlib.  The one that ships
with XFree86 is too old and doesn't support the compress() and uncompress()
entry points.

--
brandon s. allbery	[os/2][linux][solaris][japh]	 allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator	     [WAY too many hats]	   allbery@ece.cmu.edu