Either CVS has gone mad, or I have

  I ran into this problem as soon as the stable CVS was announced but decided
to wait a day to see if it was a problem with mirrors not being updated.

  The problem seems simple to explain at least.  When I do
'cvs -z3 update -r GNOME_STABLE' in any Gnome directory previously checked out
from CVS, CVS announces that "<X> is not in the repository" for all files it
previously checked out and leaves me with only locally generated files.  If I
nuke a source directory and do 'cvs -z3 checkout -r GNOME_STABLE <directory>',
it claims to update the directories but doesn't create any files or even
directories.  Checking out without the tag works fine.  Where did I go wrong?
I see other posts to the list about problems after getting source with
'-r GNOME_STABLE' so I assume there's source out there, but I can't see it.

  (I actually have Gnome source, I just can't get the sticky tag to
work)

  FWIW, I'm running Debian potato and CVS version 1.10.3.`

--
  Daniel Burrows

"I think that the surest sign that there is intelligent
 life out there is that none of it has tried to contact us."

  -- _Calvin and Hobbes_, Bill Watterson

PGP signature