Empty Makefile's!

OK, here's an interesting little poblem. BTW, RedHat 5.2 system, PGCC
1.1 (upgraded via the drop in RPM binaries from the PGCC site)

Waited a day after the code freeze to avoid some of the initial CVS
rush, and even used the directions sent to this list to get a copy of
the source that is suppose to be frozen (the cvs checkout -r
GNOME_STABLE gnome-libs gnome-core). Everything downloads fine, and I
let autogen.sh do it's thing, and even the configure script....
Everything seems fine, until I get a string of these messages:

sed: file conftest.s2 line 40: Unterminated `s' command
creating gnome-data/Makefile
sed: file conftest.s2 line 40: Unterminated `s' command
creating gnome-hello/Makefile
sed: file conftest.s2 line 40: Unterminated `s' command
creating test-gnome/Makefile
sed: file conftest.s2 line 40: Unterminated `s' command
creating devel-docs/Makefile
sed: file conftest.s2 line 40: Unterminated `s' command
creating devel-docs/templates/Makefile
sed: file conftest.s2 line 40: Unterminated `s' command
creating devel-docs/ui-guide/Makefile
sed: file conftest.s2 line 40: Unterminated `s' command
creating support/Makefile
sed: file conftest.s2 line 40: Unterminated `s' command
creating tools/Makefile
sed: file conftest.s2 line 40: Unterminated `s' command
creating tools/convertrgb/Makefile
sed: file conftest.s2 line 40: Unterminated `s' command
creating tools/gnome-doc/Makefile
sed: file conftest.s2 line 40: Unterminated `s' command
creating macros/Makefile
sed: file conftest.s2 line 40: Unterminated `s' command
creating config.h

When I tried running make, I'd get a no targets error. So I opened a
Makefile in a text editor, and it was completely BLANK. I've done a
little searching, and can't seem to locate the conftest.s2 file, to
maybe see if I could fix that.

If I'm just a lucky person who gets this error, if someone could send me
a copy of the conftest.s2 file (and tell me where it goes), it'd be
appreciated.

-Scott-
aerogems@netins.net