Re: File selection dialog changes

On Tue, 15 Dec 1998, Matthew Brown wrote:
> directory is broken.  File rename is also important -- what if you go
> to save a file but realise a file with the same name already exists --
> maybe a previous version?  Without these kind of features you have to
> go run another program to do this; why?
>
> -Matt

How's this:
It should only give you the option to rename if there IS a conflict. i.e.:
You do a "save as" or whatever,
and type in "file.txt".
Then it says: "file.txt exists, would you like to Overwrite the old file,
Rename the old file, Append (?) the old file, or Cancel (and type a new
filename)"

That would seem to me to be the best way to limit choice for new users, if
that is the goal.

-brad