Re: File selection dialog changes

John R Sheets writes:
 > Erik Andersen wrote:
 > >
 > > Hmm.  I had to pull an all nighter at work last night, so maybe I can
 > > get off work early today and code something up.  Mostly I like how under
 > > NT, the CFileDialog allows you to right click an any file and then
 > > open it, add it to a zip file, change its security settings, cut it,
 > > copy it, delete it, rename it, create a new directory, change the amount
 > > of detail shown about the files, create a symlink (NT "shortcuts"), or
 > > send the file via mail, etc.  It does this without adding in extra buttons
 > > to clutter the normal case, while still acting as a mini file manager.
 > > The things that the CFileDialog can do on a right click are defined by the
 > > context of the click (if it is on the background, a directory, or a file),
 > > and the functionality is provided via a COM interface.
 >
 > Yipes!  Think this one through very carefully!  Consider the
 > following quote from the Interface Hall of Shame, in a section
 > devoted specifically to addressing the faults with Windows'
 > common dialogs:

Any file selection dialog that does not allow you to create a
directory is broken.  File rename is also important -- what if you go
to save a file but realise a file with the same name already exists --
maybe a previous version?  Without these kind of features you have to
go run another program to do this; why?

-Matt