Re: What time does the freeze begin?

> > Hypothetically suppose [grin] I've never been very fond of the file selection
> > dialog box.  I'd like to change it to look and act more like the one found
> > under Windows NT, which I think is rather nice.  Lets suppose I code this
> > change up as a drop in replacement.  Is that permitted if the file selection
> > API stays the same?
>
> Recognizing that I don't speak from any position of authority... :)
> That's probably a good candidate for a pre-5pm change.

This sort of code wont be ready for testing for the GNOME 1.0 release.
I suggest we put your code there for the next GNOME 1.1 release.
GNOME 1.0 is not the end of the develpment, it is just the beginning
for an increased level of stability for developers.

Also, the code right now is using the gtk_file_selector widget, we
will msot likely have a gnome_file_selector that needs to understand
metadata and other things, so that should go into gnome-libs, not gtk.

So, this basically means that as it is an upwardly compatible change,
we can get it into the new versions of gnome-libs.  I just wont make
it for GNOME 1.0.

Miguel.