Re: What time does the freeze begin?

Erik Andersen wrote:
> I was wondering exactly what time the freeze begins?  After the freeze,
> what changes are allowed, and what changes are not?  Exactly what packages
> will be frozen?  Is the API frozen or the underlying implementation, or both?

gnome-libs and [I think] packages that it depends on will be frozen at
1700 EST today.

Both the API and implementation will be frozen AFAIK, but if you can
justify your change as a bugfix it can probably go in.  :)

> Hypothetically suppose [grin] I've never been very fond of the file selection
> dialog box.  I'd like to change it to look and act more like the one found
> under Windows NT, which I think is rather nice.  Lets suppose I code this
> change up as a drop in replacement.  Is that permitted if the file selection
> API stays the same?

Recognizing that I don't speak from any position of authority... :)
That's probably a good candidate for a pre-5pm change.

	Jeff