Gnome apps said: /opt/gnome/lib/libgnome.so.0: undefined symbol:esd_open_sound

Hi!

I have some problems with the gnome now, I hope somebody can help me:)

I.

  Some of the gnome apps (eg. gnomecc, gnome calendar) tell me:
/opt/gnome/lib/libgnome.so.0: undefined symbol: esd_open_sound
?

I'm using the  newest sources from CVS,  it is an error  since about one
week.
if I load the libesd.so explicitly with LD_PRELOAD, it works.

II.

Comilation problems with the new newest (one day old)
gnome-admin package:
gcc    -I/opt/freetype/include   -Wall    -Wshadow   -L/opt/freetype/lib
-L/opt/gnome/lib  -L/usr/X11R6/lib   -o  .libs/test   test.o  -Wl,-rpath
-Wl,/opt/gnome/lib   .libs/libgxs   nmp.so  -rdynamic   -L/opt/gnome/lib
-L/usr/X11R6/lib  -lgnome  -lgnomesupport  -lesd  -lm  -laudiofile  -ldb
-lglib  -ldl   -lmysqlclient  -L/opt/gnome/lib   -L/usr/X11R6/lib  -lgtk
-lgdk  -rdynamic -lgmodule  -lglib  -ldl -lXext  -lX11 -lm  /usr/bin/ld:
cannot open -lmysqlclient: No such file or directory
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[4]: *** [test] Error 1
make[4]:                        Leaving                        directory
`/usr/local/packages/gnome/src/gnome-admin/gxsnmp/lib '

I   have   mysql   installed.   I   fixed   in   the   Makefile   (added
-L/usr/lib/mysql),
but I think this must be fixed in the macros.

III.

I'm using this .xsession file:
#!/bin/bash
startup=~/.xsession.ok
exec  /usr/X11R6/bin/xterm -bg  black -fg  white -geometry  80x5+0-10 -T
"LOGIN-CONSOLE" -C -e zsh -l "$startup"

And the .xsession.ok file starts the wm, mixer, etc.
I want  to use  the gnome-session,  but I want  to exclude  the starting
xterm from it.
How can I do this?

That's all :)

Basically, GNOME is a very good work, just keep on boys!

dLux
--
This message is READ-ONLY