Re: Rpmfind GUI ?

But wait! http://www.debian.org/~hp/gnome-apt.html

> I am sure that they would
> like the help.

Nonetheless this is still true. :-)

> They do have a nice approach, and it is pm-independent,
> i.e., it's designed to work both with dpkg and with rpm.

The library is written so that this can be true with a minimum of effort,
but I don't believe it is actually true right this minute. Also I think
rpm has to be enhanced in certain ways because dpkg is more sophisticated
about dependencies and Apt needs this info to do its crazy-ass magic.
But don't quote me.

> Is Ian still
> on this list?  He could point you to the appropriate contact...

Jason Gunthorpe is the author of all the "engine" code: jgg@ualberta.ca I
think.  He's the expert if you need info on Apt. deity@lists.debian.org is
the relevant mailing list (for those who don't know, Apt used to be called
Deity).

Havoc