problem starting GNOME -- ORB problem???

I've built GNOME from scratch from CVS (vintage this afternoon), and
I can't get it running.  I'm using .xinitrc, using
	panel &
	background-properties --init &
	screensaver-properties --init &
	mouse-properties --init &
	exec fvwm2

Once X comes up, I see the "gnome-name-server: Stale reference to
the GNOME name server" in /var/log/messages.  If I redirect the
output of startx, the relevant message seem to be:

	Unable to connect to server port 35091
	Gdk-message:
	*** ERROR **: sigsegv caught
	goad_id:
	GONE THROUGH ONE
	NOT FOUND

If I try using gnome-session instead, I get:

	SESSION_MANAGER: local/elmo:/tmp/.ICE-unix/1236,tcp/elmo:1227
	Unable to connect to server port 35091
	Unable to connect to server port 35091
	Unable to connect to server port 35091
	WM already running, exiting...
	Gdk-message:
	*** ERROR **: sigsegv caught
	ICE default IO error handler doing an exit(), pid=1247, errno = 2

Any ideas?  Thanks in advance...

- Dave Seidel
- seidel@bigfoot.com