Re: HELP! wierd compilation problem

On 11 Dec, Todd Graham Lewis wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Dec 1998, Brandon S. Allbery wrote:
>
>> Well, yes, but if everyone does that then who ferrets out the bugs?  :-)
>
> Look, man, I tried my damnedest today to ferret this problem away, but
> it beat me.  8^)
>
> You can still do substantive debugging off of the daily snapshots, you
> just can't debug the CVS system.  If someone wants to work with me to
> investigate the CVS problems further, then I'm happy to work with them,
> but in the interim, I need a working GNOME system to do work on the FAQ.
> That takes priority over my desire to help solve the CVS problems.

I wanted to ask some questions and was wondering if you could help
(since you're apparently doing the FAQ). Anyway - To get a 'decent'
GNOME compilation what packages are necessary from the /snapshot/ site?
Unfortunately for CVS all you need to do is a cvs -z3 checkout gnome
and it checks out all the necessary packages (regardless of what they
are!). Anyway, I was thinking we need al ist like this for daily
snapshots (A simple: You need <X> if you want <Y> etc etc (i.e.
gnumeric for spreadsheet) also an 'essential' section (what is needed
for the basics). What I got was this:
1) Gtk+, Glib
2) libIDL, ORBit, Imlib
3) gnome-libs
4) libvfs (this is not on the jimpick daily snapshots - what is it?)
5) libgtop
6) gnome-core
7) gnome-guile
8) gnome-admin/games/network/utils

What about gtk-guile? What about gnome-xml and gnome-http (or was it
gnonme-html) something like that?
Any help is apprecaited