LibGTop snapshots (was Re: Libgtop)

On Tue, 8 Dec 1998, Ryan Muldoon wrote:

> Martin,
> 	I thought you might be interested in the fact that I have been unable to
> compile libgtop out of Jim Pick's snapshots of gnome cvs for the past
> several days.  It appears as though the sysdeps/linux directory is missing.
>  In the ./autogen.sh process, there is a sed error, saying it can't read
> from makefile.in in sysdeps/linux, and then if I try to "make" anyway, it
> dies because the file sysdeps/linux/close.c is missing. All that is in the
> sysdeps/linux directory is the generated makefile.  I am running stock
> redhat 5.2, with a fresh install of cvs gnome (all files that come before
> libgtop in the dependency tree compiled without a problem).  If you could
> assist me in any way with this problem, I would greatly appreciate it.
>  Thanks for your time.

Well, I know about this - but it is not my fault. Looks like some of the
anoncvs servers are running out of disk space or whatever ...

[martin@localhost martin]$ host anoncvs.gnome.org
anoncvs.gnome.org has address 207.222.39.69
anoncvs.gnome.org has address 209.81.8.242
anoncvs.gnome.org has address 128.2.91.30
anoncvs.gnome.org has address 206.65.239.12

The first one, 207.222.39.69 seems to have all files - the others' were
too slow so I didn't try them out.

Also looked at Jim Picks snapshots, starting from Dec 7 all of them
are about 300-400 kB - and that means there must be files missing:

[martin@localhost libgtop]$ dir libgtop-0.29.1.tar.gz
-rw-rw-r--   1 martin   martin     533673 Dec 10 13:32 libgtop-0.29.1.tar.gz

This is a working snapshot I just made from developers' CVS
(I run a `make distcheck' on a Linux box, so it should have all the files).

Just uploaded this snapshot to my site:

	ftp://ftp.home-of-linux.org/pub/libgtop/snap/

Martin

   Martin Baulig - Angewandte Mathematik - Universitaet Trier
   martin@home-of-linux.org, http://www.home-of-linux.org/