Re: itches: gnome-zilla and gnome-emacs and more

I'm sure once Netscape 5.0 and GNOME 1.0 come out, this effort will most
likely begin for Mozilla. I don't know of any efforts being made yet
towards [x]emacs.

> Is their work under way to take the gtk-nglayout mozilla and gnome-ify
> it?  What about emacs?  I don't believe in big window managers (I use

Yeah, sort of. I'm sort of working on some global key code. If you have
any cool ideas on the subject, I'd be interested in hearing them. I don't
think all of my code will be ready by the freeze date though.

> Another thing that is important for me is to use my mouse as little as
> possible, does gnome have some kind of global keymap?  It is
> customizable like an emacs keymap?

I know that GNU Classpath is working on making a GTK version of AWT. There
is also work being done by someone to make Java bindings for GTK I
believe, although I seem to have lost the web url.

> Also in January when I'm not so busy I'd like to tackle gnome-ifying
> the AWT in classpath so people can write gnome apps with Java.  I
> invite anybody with similiar interests to contact me then or anybody
> who beats me to it to let me know so I can help out.

Enlightenment implements all the GNOME hints, but also a lot of other
stuff. You can choose not to use a fancy theme with it, which should speed
it up considerably and free memory.