itches: gnome-zilla and gnome-emacs and more

Is their work under way to take the gtk-nglayout mozilla and gnome-ify
it?  What about emacs?  I don't believe in big window managers (I use
wm2) but I'm really excited about my desktop clients being able to
communicate with each other.  And since emacs and netscape are pretty
much the only two programs I use my development environment would be
greatly improved if these two programs interacted better.

What I'd like to have (and I'd like to help with these when I graduate
and the two other free software projects I work on become less
demanding - so many free software projects, so little time *sigh*):

 - have ange-ftp use netscape for downloading ftp files

 - have gnus embed netscape to display HTML messages when it gets them

 - have netscape embed itself in an emacs buffer so I can traverse
javadoc stuff without changing windows.

Another thing that is important for me is to use my mouse as little as
possible, does gnome have some kind of global keymap?  It is
customizable like an emacs keymap?

Eventually I'd like to just use emacs for editing files, so other
things I use like gnus, calendar, diary, dired, grep, compile, and
info can be handled by gnome apps (I don't like how emacs uses so much
memory).  However I do not like the idea of having all these
independent windows floating around my screen.  Once upon a time I
toyed with the idea of re-writing emacs with Java and developed a
design based on Swing's internal frame stuff.  The idea was that you'd
have this central buffer area (internal frames) that you could switch
between and if you wanted one to become more permanent you'd drag the
frame out on to the desktop and it would get a real frame and no
longer be managed by the application but by the desktop.  Of course
there would be keystrokes to switch between all top level frames.  I
think something like this would be better to write as something like a
gnome app manager than a emacs-like Java application because of all
the benefits of CORBA interfaced apps.

Also in January when I'm not so busy I'd like to tackle gnome-ifying
the AWT in classpath so people can write gnome apps with Java.  I
invite anybody with similiar interests to contact me then or anybody
who beats me to it to let me know so I can help out.

Another thing I'd like to have is a very simple window manager that
implemented all gnome wm hints and not much else.

Anybody else have any related itches to scratch?  Pardon me if this
list isn't for generating and talking about ideas for future gnome
possibilities.  Also I'd appreciate being told if I'm off my rocker as
my gnome knowledge is far from extensive.

P.S.

I really didn't intend this to be so long

--
Tommy Reilly                         | "He who desires but acts not,
tpr@neog.com                         |  breeds pestilence."