Re: Whose end is this broken on. . .

In message <Pine.SUN.3.91.981205214040.8726B-100000@user2.infinet.com>, Michael
 Bruce writes:
+-----
| > You need to update a few more packages.  And some applets are currently
| > broken (e.g. slash_applet doesn't like the GOAD argument; starting it from
| > the command line works).
|
| Which packages do I need to update. . .
+--->8

My "required list" of packages so far is:

glib
gtk+
imlib
ORBit
gnome-xml
gnome-http
guile-core
libgtop		<- not *required* but much of GNOME "goes away" without it
gnome-libs
gnome-objc
gnome-core

| I wiped all GNOME RPMs out several months ago.
+--->8

But some things are not "GNOME RPMs" but are still prerequisites (e.g. IMlib),
and RH includes certain GNOME components in the base system (because they're
used by control-panel etc.).

| Oh, as another data point that I forgot to mention in my original
| message: when I try to add an applet, the panel hangs completely, and
| swallows all keyboard input (except for the X-server keys), so I have
| to alt-tab to a VT and kill it.
+--->8

I don't see that... but the panel SEGV's when an applet tries to connect to it.
(I've been having problems getting gnome-libs updates, however, because the
mh69.mh.cuc.edu anoncvs mirror still aborts gnome-libs checkout/update with
"cannot find required module libart_lgpl".)

--
brandon s. allbery	[os/2][linux][solaris][japh]	 allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator	     [WAY too many hats]	   allbery@ece.cmu.edu