gmodule success! Many thanks!

I just wanted to thank all of those who helped me with my gmodule problem.
It was a compilation issue on my module objects after all.  A proper
way to compile source (here module.c) into object to make it suitable
for g_module_open()'ing is:

	/bin/sh libtool --mode=compile gcc `glib-config gmodule --cflags` \
		-g -O2 -Wall -c module.c

	gcc `glib-config gmodule --cflags` -g -O2 -Wall -c module.c

	/bin/sh libtool --mode=link gcc -g -O2 -Wall  -o libmodule.la \
		-rpath /opt/gnome/lib -rdynamic module.lo -ldl

(This puts the corresponding libmodule.so in ".libs".)

This makes possible a good deal of progress on the project on which I
am working, and the advice I got here was a lot of help.  Thanks again!

--
Todd Graham Lewis       tlewis@mindspring.net      (800) 719-4664, x2804

"It's still ludicrous that nobody's ever made a run at us by making UNIX
 a popular platform on PCs.  It's almost too late now."  -- Steve Balmer
"It is too late."   -- Bill Gates             _Newsweek_, 6/23/97, p. 82