Re: Whose end is this broken on. . .

+----- From: Miguel de Icaza <miguel@nuclecu.unam.mx>
| > The problem is that the panel won't allow applets.  When starting it
| > up from just an xterm, I get: "Unable to connect to server port
| > 35091".  The panel runs, but no applets (I had to blow away my previous
| > settings, because if it tries to start up applets when it is run, it
| > bombs).  All other apps give the same error message.
|
| This means you compiled gnome-libs with esound support and the esound
| daemon is not running.
|
| Elliot, I think the code should work even if the esound daemon is not
| running.
+--->8

That's not the problem; I can run (some) applets even if esd isn't running,
and yes I do build with EsounD support.

You may need to remove and re-checkout gnome-core; I had problems with CVS
not picking up the GOAD changes for some reason.  (Likewise my libgtop stayed
at 0.25 until I blew it away.  Yes, I'm running the latest CVS now.)

--
brandon s. allbery	[os/2][linux][solaris][japh]	 allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator	     [WAY too many hats]	   allbery@ece.cmu.edu