Re: Few problems with gnome-core

On Wed, 2 Dec 1998, Miguel de Icaza wrote:

> > Hmmm, ok, I seem to have misjudged.  The gnome-terminal and panel both
> > hang on session restart in a select system call.  It is difficult to trace
> > since it only happens when they are started from the session manager, and
> > not from a prompt with the --sm-client-id switch.  Any ideas on how to get
> > a trace?
>
> Run your terminal as "strace -o /tmp/log gnome-terminal" perhaps?
>
> Miguel.

Well, that doesn't work too well either.  I will modify gnome-terminal
tonight to save its restart command as strace -o ... and then try to
track things down.

Manish Vachharajani               Some Haiku: A crash reduces
<mvachhar@vger.rutgers.edu>                   your expensive computer
                                              to a simple stone - Unknown