Re: keyboard

On Thu, 3 Dec 1998 bratsche@dfw.net wrote:

> I tried the stock-demo, and it really doesn't work. If you select the
> "Preferences" dialog, it brings up a nice customization menu. But when you
> apply the changes and then open up Preferences again, your changes are
> gone. And if you change "Quit" from Ctrl-Q to Alt-Q, it doesn't actually
> work.

I think that's why it's in stock_demo and not the control center. :-)

> At any rate, I think it would be very cool to be able to customize key
> bindings for the entire GNOME environment. I'd like to try to contribute
> towards this if you guys also think it's a useful idea. Although I'm not
> exactly sure what're you're talking about in regards to finding an example
> in a Windows program to copy.. example of what?

Example of an interface to a preferences widget to edit keybindings. I
think having to pop up a dialog for each change a la stock_demo is a
little bit sucky. But I don't really have a better idea, so maybe an
example would help.

Havoc