Re: keyboard

On Thu, 3 Dec 1998 bratsche@dfw.net wrote:

> What might be more useful, I think, is if the accel key bindings could be
> customizable from a capplet rather than being hard-coded into
> gnome-stock.c. e.g., while "New" is Ctrl-N, some users might prefer to use
> Alt-N or whatever.
>
> If this is of interest to the GNOME guys, I would write the capplet if
> someone is willing to make the proper modifications to gnome-stock.c.

I believe the gnome-stock approach already allows customization - look at
stock_demo, if you click the right thing you'll get a little keybindings
editor demo. The gnome-uidefs approach does not allow customization yet,
but the good thing about it is that it works well with gnome-app-helper.
So there are issues, but resolving them would be lovely, as would a
capplet to edit the bindings. The UI for the capplet is a fairly difficult
thing to make nice (maybe you could find a good example in some Windows
app to copy?) - anyway, most of the work there wouldn't make any
assumptions about the libraries, so if you just want to work on the GUI
I'm sure that would be cool too.

Havoc