Re: is GNU gettext now a required prerequisite for GNOME?

In message <87iufuxxgf.fsf@dor182182.kaist.ac.kr>, Changwoo Ryu writes:
+-----
| > I've been relying on --with-included-gettext because the choice is upgradin
| > gettext to a new version that breaks everything else in ECE vs. saving some
| > space in GNOME.  Do I now have to go ahead and break everything non-GNOME t
| > continue?
|
| upgrading gettext breaks what?  gettext doesn't have a shared
| library.
+--->8

Whoever built it in ECE decided to make a shared version... (it was before I
came here).  I expect the worst if I have to upgrade it.

--
brandon s. allbery	[os/2][linux][solaris][japh]	 allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator	     [WAY too many hats]	   allbery@ece.cmu.edu