gnome-core compile problems

Hi there!

When compiling gnome-core I recieve the following bunch of errors while
making stuff in gnome-core/desktop-properties:

gnome-desktop.h:25: parse error before *
main.c:11: parse error before *
[...]
main.c:54:GNOME_PROPERTY_SETUP undeclared
[...]
main.c:115: GNOME_PROPERTY_READ undeclared
[...]

I have installed the following stuff from CVS (jimpick!):

glib and gtk snapshot from 29.11.98
imlib and orbit from 1.12.98
gnome-libs from 1.12.98

I assume that I missed to install something, or might the problem be that I
got ORBit from jimpick? (I do not have direct CVS access, so I am bound to
packed snapshots...)

Any hint would be appreciated.

-Knut
kneumann@uni-duesseldorf.de