Re: Solaris

In message <ybebtp1mbo8.fsf@fresnel.labs.redhat.com>, Owen Taylor writes:
+-----
| "Brandon S. Allbery" <allbery@ece.cmu.edu> writes:
| > * imlib util/Makefile.am, after configure, line setting CFLAGS, change "="
| >   ":=".  Must use GNU make.
|
| Hmmm, more details about this? I see nothing that would require
| that offhand.
+--->8

This is all off the "release" 0.27/0.28, remember; the stuff in CVS may
already have it fixed.  The problem here was that the definition of CFLAGS
included $(CFLAGS) (!); using gmake's ":=" feature was a workaround, since I
wasn't sure what was intended.

I did find a later imlib at some point, so it may well have been fixed some
time ago.

| > * glib wants glibconfig.h, which it forgets to install.  Install it manuall
|
| So, the problem is that glibconfig.h was installed but something
| wasn't looking for it in the right place. (It's sort of puzzling you
+--->8

I did a find, the only hit was in the glib source tree.  (Installed in the
wrong place was my first guess, stuff keeps trying to migrate to /usr or
/usr/local:-)

The whole configure/build with 0.27/0.28 was confounded by pixies :-) it would
not surprise me if something about the tangled environment on hilfy.ece
scrambled its brains.