Re: Marc Ewing <marc redhat com>

Hello,

I guess that you are using Redhat 5.1 from the type of error you are
getting.  In RH5.1, they added internationalisation support, and the LANG
and LINGUAS environment variables are set when you log in.

If the LINGUAS variable is set to en, for example, then only english
translations will be installed.  This means that not all the files that
can be installed get installed under your build environment.

Try using "LINGUAS= rpm -ba gnome-whatever.src.rpm" and see if that helps.

James Henstridge.

--
Email: james@daa.com.au
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/