Re: esound does not make any noise said:
// ricdude? see that? I told you.. need 8bit support at arbitary sampling
// rate sont he device end not just client end... :) Do I need to do it?

May I add that esound should allow the programmer to set up the fragment
size if hardware allows it. Think of two applications :
-a game that needs the synchronize sounds to graphic actions
- a realtime multi-track sound editor which needs to apply filters while
plying the sounds.

Those two apps may need different fragment size, no?

  Bertrand GUIHENEUF           	E-Mail:
                               	Tel.:   (33) 01 39 63 50 36
                    !!  Use GNU/LINUX OS  !!