Post without being subscribed! (was Re: List of Gnome lists?)

> A second thing that needs to be documented and working is the mechanism
> how to post to the list without being subscribed.  My from lines normally
> look different than the subscription address - and I hat to fake haeders
> like in this mail.  Last I tried with subscription to some list (forgot
> the name), it kept my mails bouncing.

You should subscribe to "post-only-request@redhat.com".  That is a fake
list that you can subscribe to (ie it has no submission address so you
can not receive mail from it) that will then allow you to post to any
other list@redhat.com (which includes lists@gnome.org since all that
happens on the same server).  We have instructions for this at
http://www.redhat.com/mailing-lists, but there isn't anything that says
this will work for the GNOME lists (but it should).

Give that a try and let listmaster@redhat.com know if it doesn't work.

--Donnie

--
   Donnie Barnes    http://www.redhat.com/~djb    djb@redhat.com   "Bah."
   Challenge Diversity.  Ignore People.  Live Life.  Use Linux.  879. V.