pesky '(un)compress' error in gnome-libs

	I can manually get past this problem, but I'd like to do it
automatically with a patch before I run 'autogen.sh'.  However, I haven't
been able to find where to make the change in the auto generation scripts.

	I thought I had found it in 'macros/gnome-xml-check.m4' where it
does a test for 'libz.h' nad ads '-lz' to the Z_LIBS variable.  I went
ahead and added the '-L/usr/lib' flag (I've tried fixing this directory
order elsewhere and it hasn't worked) before the '-lz' flag.

	This doesn't do it.  The refrences to '-lz' still don't have the
'-L' in front of them.  Does anyone know where I need to add this little
bit??

--
James V. Di Toro III            | "Given enough eyeballs,        / |_| \/\