config problems (was: gnome-pilot on NetBSD)

On Mon, 24 Aug 1998, Mark Willey wrote:

> Hello.  I am trying to compile gnome-pilot on NetBSD, but am running into
> some awful config problems.  I am wondering if it's my setup (NetBSD) being
> different than the development machine, or if the config scripts are not
> quite working yet.  Should I be getting lots of errors, or should it
> compile cleanly?  Attached is an example:
>
> Mark

Well, I am not suprised you have problems since I have only tested on my
Linux box, and a few other developers on their linux boxen, but it should
be able to build.  It seems that you have a problem when generating the
configure script itself.  Did you do a ./autogen.sh first?  If so can you
give me a step by step of what you did from checking out gnome-pilot to
building?  I will be more than happy to help you get this stuff working.

On a side note, what do you plan on using gnome-pilot for?  Currently the
pilot panel applet and gpilot-fileman utils are usable.  The gpilotd sync
daemon works for synchronization and has full conduit support but many
conduits have yet to be written.  Also, you can't currently use both
gpilotd and the applet and file manager utils together without some
hassle.  Hopefully things will all work together in about 3-4 weeks.  I am
leaving on vaction this Saturday for a week(no net access) and then moving
into school so development will be a little slow since the other
developers are busy coding other important parts of the suite like the
config manager and conduit support stuff :(. If you would
like to contribute to make this go faster that would be cool though. :)

One other thing, you should check out the pilot-link module from GNOME CVS
as well since it contains local modifications that haven't been merged
back to Kenneth Albanowski official version yet.

Manish Vachharajani
<mvachhar@vger.rutgers.edu>