Re: A Proposal for Metadata
- From: Christopher Curtis <ccurtis ee fit edu>
- To: Lyndon Drake <lyndon kcbbs gen nz>
- cc: tromey cygnus com, gnome-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: A Proposal for Metadata
- Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 08:43:22 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 24 Aug 1998, Lyndon Drake wrote:
> I read Tom Tromey's metadata proposal, and it looks very good. I was
> wondering whether, if in some future life GNOME runs on a system with
> a filesystem that supports metadata, the API could be extended to handle
> storing and retrieving the metadata from the filesystem instead of
> separate files.
If that were ever to happen, no changes would need to be made to the API.
] [Thread Prev