Re: A Proposal for Metadata

On Sat, Aug 22, 1998 at 09:28:16PM -0600, Tom Tromey wrote:
> Anyway, I think in general we are thinking the same things.  I agree
> that every addressable object should have metadata.  But I don't think
> we should deal with designing this until we actually have some notion
> of what these addressable objects will look like.  I don't mind if we
> have to change the (VFS-) file metadata implementation at some later
> date.

I read Tom Tromey's metadata proposal, and it looks very good.  I was
wondering whether, if in some future life GNOME runs on a system with
a filesystem that supports metadata, the API could be extended to handle
storing and retrieving the metadata from the filesystem instead of
separate files.

Lyndon