Re: Announce: gnome-utils/mini-utils/guname now use libgtop

On Sun, 23 Aug 1998, Martin Baulig wrote:

> Short announce:
>
> guname from gnome-utils/mini-utils now uses libgtop for the mountlist
> and fsusage stuff.

Cool!

>   So shouldn't we add some button or even make a double-click work,
>   so anyone seeing this program the first time knows that there is
>   a `Detailed Information ..' dialog ?

Yes, I've talked about this a little with Elliot too - the thing is
that the GNOME "About" dialog and the system information dialog are the
same thing. It's inspired by MacOS is my only excuse.

Maybe some little buttons somewhere in the dialog with "mail", "save as,"
and "details"? It's gonna look ugly but oh well.

guname needs some hacking in general; the code is yucky because it isn't
written to do a refresh, and it would be nice to do a refresh periodically
on the system info. Also I still haven't gotten the new Gnome logo in
there, since my Gimp PNG plugin is hosed; and there's more system
information available from libgtop that could be listed; and you can't
save/mail the extended information, IIRC. Oh, and the
distribution-recognition code needs to be enhanced to cover dists other
than Debian. And finally it would be neat to put up a dialog with a
gnome-less displaying the email/file to be created and give the option to
cancel.

Those TODO items are just off the top of my head. I am happy to have
anyone hack on the code to address any of these items, though I've been
planning to do it someday I haven't been getting to it.

Havoc