Re: help with gtk/gdk/imlib

On Sun, 23 Aug 1998, Andreas Jellinghaus wrote:
> can someone show me an example, how to get from a gif/jpeg/png/... file to
> something i can display (i guess GtkImage) ?
>
> i have 10 images in seperate files and need 10x10 board
> (i'm rewriting a 10 year old game to gnome).
>
> thanks for your help.

Have a look at GnomePixmap in gnome-libs for some examples.
(if it's a Gnome app you'll want to install the images to the standard
Gnome location, then get the full path with gnome_pixmap_file, and
load a pixmap from that path).

Also look at the GnomeCanvas, it will probably be excellent for this
application. test-gnome has examples in gnome-libs.

Havoc