GTK+ themes : libgnomeui dependencies ?

SHORT FORM :

I build gtk+ (with themes) and the pixmap engine can't find *_imlib_*
routines from libgnomeui.

LONG FORM :

I downloaded and built GTK+ from CVS (two days ago) and after some
tweaking  (supplying arguments to aclocal) got everything to compile.

(I have a 0.25/0.26 gnome tree under /opt/gnome (including the "old"
gtk+)  and the "new" gtk is under /opt/gtk-themes. )

If I run "testgtk", it crashes with the following :

>>    path /opt/gtk-themes/lib/gtk/themes/engines

>>    ** ERROR **: /opt/gtk-themes/lib/gtk/themes/engines/libpixmap.so:
>>    undefined symbol: gdk_imlib_render

The pixmap engine is being loaded properly, but it depends on (makes
calls to) gdk_imlib_render() which lives in libgnomeui.  For some
reason libgnomeui is not being loaded.  If I do a "ldd" on testgtk I
get (satisfied) dependencies on libgtk, libgdk, and non-gnome stuff.

Q: How do I make it work ?

Thx,

	Jeff