Re: Network neighburhood type application

On Fri, 21 Aug 1998 21:48:19 +0200 (CEST), daniel.engstrom@riksnett.no
<daniel.engstrom@riksnett.no> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I have developed a clone of the network browser utility found in some
>commercial OSes for the past month or so.
>
>I am currently using GTK+ only but I an considering GOMEfying it if
>there is interest.
>
>So may question is: do you already have such a tool in development and
>if not do you want one?
>
>I dont have access to any ftp or web sites atm but if anyone wants to
>take a peak at the current, crashing state of the app, please mail. I
>currently have a src tar ball as well as rh 5 RPMS.
>
>Side note: Anyone who has been digging around in ncpfs and/or samba is
>very welcome to fire off a mail in my direction: I might have a question
>or two from time to time...

Is this a tool for browsing the computers on the network, something like
"network neighborhood"

I think if you GNOMEify it, I will find a use for it in a week when I have
to start tolerating Windoze boxes again :) Go for it!
-- Elliot
Progress (n.): The process through which Usenet has evolved from smart
people in front of dumb terminals to dumb people in front of smart
terminals.  -- obs@burnout.demon.co.uk